3D coordinate measuring machine XOrbit
The WENZEL XOrbit is the ideal coordinate measuring machine, wherever the core aspects of measuring are required and where rapidity and ease of use are in demand. It can be used for checking incoming goods and throughout the production cycle until final inspection since it fulfils all major demands. Whether for individual or serial measurements, XOrbit is suitable for universal applications.
The WENZEL XOrbit is a cost effective derivative of the world´s renowned WENZEL LH series. XOrbit utilizes the industry standard Renishaw heads, touch probe and scanning probes.
XOrbit is the perfect CMM for companies purchasing their initial coordinate measuring machine, considering a 2nd user unit, or for the larger production operations needing to distribute multiple CMM’s. XOrbit has the optimum price/performance values.
Features and Benefits
- Touch Probe & Scanning Applications
- Granite CMM structure for optimum thermal stability
- Wide air bearing spread for improved stability
- Once piece thick granite base plate hand lapped to DIN 876/0
- Integral Y axis guide-way machined integral into one piece granite plate improves CMM accuracy and repeatability
- Bellows covers fitted to Y axis for the dirt protection
|Measuring Range (mm)|
- The XOrbit combines the decades of experience gained by WENZEL by concentrating purely on the functionality
- CMM material No. 1 is used for the XOrbit: Granite
- The base plate, the cross-beam and the quill are made from granite thus ensuring an identical thermal reaction in all axes
- High-tensile air bearing guide ways in the Y-axis with very precisely lapped locating surfaces incorporated in the granite base plate: A guarantee for outstanding long-term stability
- Self-cleaning and wear-free air bearings in all axes ensure easy operation
- Good accessibility during maintenance work
Granite: CMM material No. 1
Its physical characteristics make granite the perfect material for metrology. WENZEL conducts all process steps from cutting to milling and grinding.
The first impression that aluminum is much lighter than granite proves wrong. The specific weight of granite is only 1 % above the weight of aluminum. However, the expansion coefficient of aluminum is almost four times larger. All relevant measuring machine parts are made of granite. As the base plate, cross-beam and sleeve are made of the same material a homogeneous thermal behavior is achieved.
The advantages at a glance:
- Economic use
- Simple operation
- Reliable measuring results
- Efficient, flexible and uncomplicated in use
- Simple checking of control geometrics and free-form surfaces